I’m a frugal person. I like clearance racks, coupon codes, and BOGO deals. This also applies to travel. As you guys may know, I fly Spirit a lot because cheap airfare is my best friend. Well, guess what. I just learned of a way to make Spirit flights even cheaper! ALMOST FORTY DOLLARS CHEAPER to be exact! Would you like to know how??? Okay stop doing what you’re doing and and listen real close.
- Search for the cheapest Spirit flight on one of these budget-friendly sites.
- Write down the dates and the price of the flight, but don’t book it.
- Get on a train or bus and head your nearest airport.
- Buy said flight(s) at the Spirit terminal.
- You just saved yourself a bunch of money by switching to Geico.
Do you ever look at the breakdown of taxes and fees included in your flight?
That $35.98 “Passenger Usage Fee” is basically a luxury tax for the convenience of booking online (yeah, they snuck that in there real good). So taking a trip to the airport to purchase your flight instead of booking online saves you almost $40 on airfare! I don’t know about you, but my 45 minute ride to O’Hare on the CTA (Chicago’s train system) is totally worth it! Just yesterday bought a $37 roundtrip ticket from Chicago to New Orleans!
That’s THIRTY. SEVEN. DOLLARS.
Now tell a friend and GO TRAVEL!
What’s the cheapest airfare you’ve ever scored? Would you go to the airport to buy tickets?
Latest posts by Lauren Victoria (see all)
- 5 of The Coolest Places in Chicago You Don’t Know About - June 12, 2017
- What to Pack Before Moving to Spain - June 5, 2017
- 5 Things to Do Before Your First Solo Trip - May 28, 2017